What is indomethacin ointment
It is a non-steroidal drug for external use with a quick anti-inflammatory effect. Indomethacin is obtained by processing indoleacetic acid. https://perfecthealthus.com/buy-indomethacin-75mg50mg25mg-online/ The drug relieves inflammation well, has an antipyretic effect, relieves mild pain, is popular due to its low price. Its components inhibit the synthesis of arachidonic acid and prostaglandins. People use Indomethacin ointment to relieve inflammation and swelling of damaged areas of the body, joints. Its main properties:
- inhibits the process of gluing platelets;
- reduces the severity of pain;
- inhibits the production of substances responsible for the process of inflammation;
- increases mobility of joints, eliminates their stiffness;
- struggling with puffiness;
- reduces the permeability of the walls of small vessels, capillaries.
Instructions for use Indomethacin method and dosage
Rubbed with a thin layer into the skin of diseased parts of the body 2-3 times a day. Daily dose:
- for adults - no more than 15 cm of ointment squeezed from a tube;
- for children over 14 years old - not more than 7.5 cm.
Rubbed into sore areas of the body with a thin layer:
- 5% - 3-4 times a day;
- 10% - 2-3 times a day.
Single dosage for adults - 4-5 cm gel, for children over 14 years old - 2-2.5 cm.
Daily dose of gel:
- for adults - no more than 20 cm of 5% gel or 15 cm of 10% gel;
- for children - 10 cm 5% gel or 7.5 cm 10% gel.
The main active ingredient of the ointment is indomethacin. http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8880-5186/indomethacin-oral/indomethacin-oral/details/list-interaction-medication In addition, it includes additional components:
- Dimexide. Antimicrobial analgesic.
- Purified water. Gives the product the correct consistency.
- Trolamine. A substance that regulates pH and creates a soft base of the drug.
- Nipagin. Preservative.
- Polyethylene oxide. Binder.